Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cheeseburger Soup


This is hands down my favorite soup right now! (garnish with a carrot leaf, haha that is Michael's secret touch to the meal.)

1/2 lb to 1 lb hamburger
1 c onion
3/4 c celery
1/2 c carrots
1 tsp garlic
Brown the hamburger and add the vegetables, sauté 10 minutes.
add 3 cups chicken broth
2 cups potatoes
1 tsp basil
boil/reduce heat and simmer another 10 minutes.
whisk in 1/4 cup flour and 1 1/2 cups milk and boil/simmer 5 minutes.
Finally, add 2 cups cheddar cheese, 1/4 c ketchup, 2 Tablespoons mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. We are a little liberal with theses ingredients.
Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

This looks really great! I think we'll try it next week. I'd love to see some more recipes!

Kim said...

Cordie,
That looks so good. I'll let you know when I make it. It will be soon.
Kim

Jeff and Lea said...

I think I'll make this tonight.....