Friday, March 20, 2009

Kim's Homemade Granola

Granola
3/4 C. Brown Sugar
1/3 C. Vegetable Oil
1/3 C. Honey
5 C. Oats
1/2 C. Dry Milk
3/4 t. Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
Extras can include: Raisins, Craisins, Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Wheat Germ, Flax Seed (whole or ground), coconut, dates
Mix brown sugar, oil, and honey in a saucepan. Heat until the sugar is dissolved. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Pour sugar mixture over dry ingredients and mix well. Mix in any extras you would like. Pour into a cake pan or cookie sheet, and bake at 375* for 10 minutes. Stir once in the middle of cook time.
Store in an airtight container.
I usually make twice the recipe and then I increase the cooking time to 15 minutes.
This is a great fast and easy recipe. My kids love it and when I make it we snack on it all day.
Let me know if you like it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I thnk I'm going to try this today!