Monday, March 9, 2009

Tortellini Soup



1 lb Italian sausage, I use 1/2 lb
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
6 cups water
2 cups chopped tomatoes or 2-3 cans blended Italian stewed tomatoes
1 cup carrots chopped
5 beef bullion cubes
1 8oz. tomato sauce
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil

Brown and saute the sausage, onion, and garlic. Then add into a large pot with all of the above ingredients. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.

Add 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini, 1/4 cup green pepper, 8 oz. cheese tortellini or the whole bag if you would like :) add 1 tsp parsley. Simmer 30-45 covered.

Thanks to my friend Heather for a delicious recipe!!!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Mmmm that looks yummy! I will make that this week :-)

Kim said...

Cordie,
I made this last night and we all LOVED it.
Thanks

Tami said...

Tricia brought this over the other night. It was delicious! She told me I could find the recipe here. Thanks! Looks like I better look at all these yummy recipes. Cute blog!